NOT AT ALL ^^;; i actually knew them ever since they debuted with Open The Door, i just didn’t knew they had a bunch of shows (and idky i didn’t bother to check then) >< and then Tarzan came out and I thought i should dig smth and voila, my fail~~~ i just ended my finals too so im reaaaally free right now and i thought i should promote these monkeys a bit lol my pleasure~
yes, i still do. but please bare with me as i’ve gotten a looooott slower :p
As the first comeback week ends, I can’t help to have a sad feeling in my chest.
You see, I grew up in a rock n’roll environment. I remember being a tiny human and hear The Rolling Stones tune in my car because my dad loved it. And as I grew up, I went to punk, ska, hard core concerts, you name it. Just because it made me happy.
And you might ask what that has to do with 2pm? Maybe nothing, but it certainly influenced the way I enjoy music. To me it’s not about winning, it’s about having fun and enjoying life. It’s about the joy we had we had when he first listened to Grown, the joy we had when we first watched A.D.T.O.Y. or when we saw them back on shows. Each steps, line or even a look to the camera make us happy and hysterical and then we fangirl. And that’s when we enjoy ourselves.
And that sometimes doesn’t happen with kpop. There is this fierce competition of who’s best and who’s gonna snag the titles. And somehow this is heartbreaking to me.
There is 2pm, this group of boys, a true family, who grew up beyond imagination. To me, the fact they are starting to make their own music is the greatest achievement EVER. Chansung wrote Coming Down, Minjun continues to write and compose his heartfelt songs, Junho is showing this enormous talent in making feel good songs (Go back is certainly my favorite song in the album), Taecyeon writing awesome raps and so on. Even when they are not doing their music, they are there supporting each other and contributing somehow. And there is no jealousy, no ego about it, just these lovely guys doing their thing and helping each other. That brings a smile to my face even though shows and varieties care very little about their growth and decide to focus on bad things and gossip.
And then the awards and competition begin. This week I read someone saying JYP is a moron because he doesn’t hire better producers and that’s why they are out of the big 3. And that phrase is symptomatic of how kpop is. It’s about money, about getting the best producers to make you reach the sky. But to me, this is not music. Music is joy, it’s passion. And I see this on 2pm, winning or losing.
And don’t get me wrong, I’m voting in all polls, watching the MVs constantly, joining sites I don’t even understand. But does it even matter to me? Not much. BUT IT MATTERS TO THEM so I will do it how many times it’s necessary. If that means they are happy, I’m going to do it. They make me happy, I want to make them happy in return. Call it a positive retribution for them making my life brighter.
And remember, hottests. Even if they don’t win stuff, don’t be sad. Be happy they grew up, be happy they showed their true soul with their album. And be happy they got each other’s backs. In the end of the day, only the love they have for each other, for their craft and for their fans matter. So let’s show our love for them in all ways we can ♡
Heeey. This isn’t the first time I’ve made a post like this, but it seems like a reminder needs to be posted every so often:
Please do not edit fantaken photos or remove their watermarks. This applies to all fantaken photos, not just the ones I post. The fans work very hard to capture these moments to share with the rest of the fandom. The photographer has usually already edited the photos to their liking. Do not ruin their pictures. If you’re dying to edit something for some reason, ask the photographer for permission.
Please respect their rules. ^0^ I’ve been seeing more edits than usual in the 2PM tags lately, and maybe you guys are new and don’t know the rules yet… but yeah. Thank you!
The man who broke chopsticks with his marvelous… round… godly buttcheeks.
The man who deserves to be called an Emperor despite living in the 21st century.
The man who feels delighted by being called a “pretty fairy”
idk… what do you think?
the opposite of gostan.
- Black guy kills some people.
- News: Criminal.
- Muslim guy kills some people.
- News: Terrorist.
- Latino guy kills some people.
- News: Criminal.
- White guy kills some people.
- News: Mental illness. (lost soul, complicated psyche, quiet loner, misunderstood, frustrated with life, experienced recent, traumatic, life-altering events that set him off; not to mention all the positive descriptors that are attached to him, i.e. intelligent, PhD candidate, honor roll student, etc.)
- Teenage boys rape a girl
- News: Potential NFL athletes, popular students, class presidents, funny, intelligent, bright, enthusiastic, handsome, sought after, promising, polite, "poor boys who lost their future dream"
- Teenage girl is raped:
- News: What was she wearing? Was she drunk? How much was she drinking? Was her cleavage showing? Well maybe she was asking for it? Well was it really "rape"? She was a slut. Teens today are too sexually active. Did she lead them on?
[Reporter Kim Yongho’s Thoughts on 2PM in Tokyo Dome ٩(^‿^)۶]
 Look at these antis getting all excited about that one manipulated picture, calling us blind for believing in it… (Excuse me, may I know which fandom you belong to? Ke)
 Though I’ve went to various of other Tokyo Dome concerts, but 2PM’s Tokyo Dome concert this time proves to be if not as great, then greater, than most of them.
 Manipulating is already a popular method to cover up the empty spaces on the 2nd and 3rd floor, which have always been hard to be completely filled by fans in the case of their first time having a concert there; regardless of who the celebrity is. But these days, getting the very hall filled is not a hard thing, even for these well-known K-Pop Idols. After all, even the illegal tickets would get sold out even if they were expensive… Ke
 And one thing for sure is, 2PM’s undeniably successful concerts that were held at the Tokyo Dome this time have placed themselves right behind DBSK. (But still all these people keep pointing out the flaw of that one picture, that is such a cheap shot. Don’t you think so, my kids~?)
 Of course. We can’t expect people who’ve lived like a frog stuck in a well and behaves like elementary school students to understand the feelings of these idols and their fans. What do they know about the honor of performing at the Tokyo Dome, yes?
 By the way! The 1st K-pop artist who performed at the Tokyo Dome was Rain in 2007. (Just like I’ve said, even then I heard from my fellow colleagues that the 2nd and 3rd floor had a few empty spaces. But still, it was a successful concert.)
 Though I have to agree that popularity based on manipulated information will eventually fall down once it’s exposed later on, but the popularity that surrounds celebrities like DBSK, Big Bang, 2PM; their true level of popularity can never be manipulated or distorted by reporters, no matter how much they try. Even I couldn’t believe just how huge 2PM’s popularity in Japan had gotten, I’m able to confirm this with my own eyes when I had attended their concert in Tokyo Dome this time Ke
 If I were to exclude the consideration of which company such and such belong to, and instead consider in all the celebrities in the K-Pop industry, I truly believe that 2PM is the most appropriate successor of DBSK. Big Bang promotes a very different genre of music while groups like Infinite and the likes still needs to invest their promotion towards the international market.
 Of course, the reason why I choose 2PM are not only by looking at their albums sales. I’ve looked into how both of them do their activities in Japan, the enthusiasm of their fans, the path that both of the groups have gone through, (even the incidents that have happened to both of them…), both of the groups have gone through a lot of surprisingly similar events along their way. Btw I’m talking about 2PM right now, why would you suddenly want to get Super Junior, Shinee, SNSD, involved in this? Ke
T/N: FYI, this reporter is the one that took a selca together with Taecyeon and Nichkhun ㅇ3ㅇhttp://t.co/eTtr3H96Op http://t.co/vVguOGCOFh
Translation by @bbiyak25 of @w2dtranslations
Original translation post here.
- Jun. K: I will start to act coquettishly to the surrounding people.
- Nichkhun: I will hug-kiss the person next to myself, and start to rap in Thai.
- Taecyeon: I drink alcohol causally like water. I once drank 20 shots as punishment for being late for a party, and still made it home soberly.
- Wooyoung: I will just stare at nothing for a very long time, and lost in space
- Chansung: I will smile sheepishly, and clap for no reason.
- Junho: I will fall asleep anywhere, and will not even remember who carries me home. My maximum is only 2 glasses of soju.
here bro, no problem ’ 3’
- TY: Sungju-yah~ Sungju-yah~ who'd you pick (as your boyfriend)?
- SJ: I'd pick Junho as my boyfriend and Wooyoung as my husband.
- NK: PUHAHAHAAHHH
- JH: So you're going to play with me and then marry.... *laughs of disbelief*
- TY: So you're going to play with Junho now?!!
- WY: Sungju-yah, you!!! You shouldn't be thinking about marriage at your age~!!!
- MJ: You shouldn't act like this~
- JH: Sungju-yah..Oppa loves you okay?
- NK: *translates everything to English*
- TY: She's a bad girl~
- NK: She knows what she wants~
- WY: *sings Lee Seunggi's Would You Marry Me" Would you marry me~?
- TY: Okay, then Junho can sing "Would you play with me~?"
- JH: Would you play with me~?
- WY: Oh? She likes that one more~
- TY: She passed out~
- TY: Okay, that was from our middle schooler Sungju, the Bad Girl~
- SJ: Ah whyyyyyy~?
- TY: Oh? She's suddenly doing aegyo, onto the next person~
- KR FAN: I went to the 6BD concert on Taecyeon's day~
- TY: Ooh Taecyeon's day~~~
- KR FAN: And by chance, I got to go to the backstage to meet you guys
- TY: Oh really? Show us the picture that we took together then~
- KR FAN: We didn't took a picture together.
- TY: Why didn't you? You even went to the backstage!
- KR FAN: You said you were busy and told me to leave.
- JH: WAIT NOO WE WOULDNT DO SUCH A THING
- TY: ARE YOU SAYING WE MET YOU AND WE JUST SHOO-ED YOU AWAY LIKE "HEY YOU GET OUT" LIKE THAT?!!
- MJ: CANT YOU SEE THAT OPPA IS SAD RIGHT NOW
- WY: THIS GIRL WHAT ARE YOU SAYING RIGHT NOW
- JH: SUNGJU-YAH WE WOULDNT DO SUCH A THING
nope, not even close lol im a malay~ waeeyooo? :3
this person has uploaded the 1st episode with eng sub \0/ maybe you can bookmark her channel and look forward to that channel for the rest of the series~